Thursday, August 15, 2013

Fall is near, and I've got the itch...



Before




After








I found a pair of panel curtains at TJ Maxx clearanced for $12.00 and I grabbed them. Only problem, I couldn't find another pair for the other window. So I cut them in half and voila, only spent $12.00 for curtains for my family room. Then I took the long curtains off the family room windows and put them in the keeping room. Only problem, I needed 3 sets of panels and couldn't find one more, so I cut them and put the thinner panels on the smaller windows. I didn't spend any money in that room. Then I went to Lowes and found window treatments for the bay window in the breakfast room. I'm still deciding if I want just the valence or the valence with 2 panels. Hmmm... Those weren't clearanced or free, but they weren't bad ($15.00 per valence and $30.00 per panel).  I guess I'm feeling a little entitled since I was able to reuse the same rods and I've put up with my K-mart bright red valences for 10 years. It seems to give the space a little less of a "bistro" feeling and a little more sophistication. Because of less contrast in the window treatments and the walls, it seems to tone down the yellow walls that were always a bit bright for me, but didn't bug me enough to want to spend the money to repaint the whole interior. Who knows, I may faux finish one wall in the keeping room like I did in the family room. I think the older I get, the more I'm drawn toward the neutrals, with just a splash of color.

No comments:

Post a Comment