Sunday, March 24, 2013

Love my new coffee table!







I got this glass and iron coffee table at the same consignment shop where I got the chest. I've been hunting for a coffee table to replace the black wobbly chest I use in the keeping room. This looked a lot smaller in the big warehouse consignment. When I got it home it fit better with the larger scale furniture in my family room, so I used it in there and then moved my ottoman into my keeping room.




Of coarse when I put the ottoman in the keeping room, it clashed with the rug, bummer. I will get another rug if I find a good deal. Then I changed my red lamp shades to the gold ones I had in the attic. It lightened up the whole room. I switched to gold pillows last month because I was trying to lighten up that room to make it feel bigger. It had too much red with the valences. I like red as an accent, but not too much of it.


Speaking of too much red, when we moved to Athen's GA, home of the UGA Bulldog's, we decided to paint our bonus room red. It was fine for a bonus room, (especially since I rarely go in there). The boys and Keith liked it. For now, I moved the chest with the wobbly legs up there. We've tried to repair them, but to no avail. I use it to store photo albums. It actually looks good in the bonus room and will work for now since we are staging our house to sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment