Thursday, March 21, 2013

Spruced up Foyer




Found the bench at a tent sale. Great for family to put shoes in when they walk in the front door. The hooks are great for kids book bags on school days. Found the wall sconces at Bombay Outlet. The chalkboard was a Good Will find. It was a tacky painted mirror. I sprayed it with chalk board paint and put one of my favorite quotes on it. Pillow was from Tuesday Morning (it's reversible). I had it on my couch at one time, and then in a chair at another time. It worked well here to add a soft element to all the hard surfaces as well as repeat the shape and color of the frame above it. Also, the black chalkboard paint mirrors the black leather seat on the bench. I was looking for something besides another mirror or a picture to go there. I had some ironwork there, but it just wasn't working for me. This size and shape frame worked perfect for this space. The gold frame picks up the gold chandelier in the dining room opposite it and the mirror above the fireplace that you see as you walk in the front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment