Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fire-pit


I found an old giant urn at a pottery place. Originally, it sat on a pedestal and belonged at the front of a mansion, I suppose. I found it with a crack in it and asked the guy if I could have it for $50.00 without the pedestal instead of $600.00 with the pedestal. He laughed, but I told him that he would never be able to sell a giant cracked urn that didn't have a match and would only end up throwing it out anyway. I told him I wanted to repurpose it and use it for a fire-pit. He let me have it for $50.00! YAY! My husband happened to be with me that day and just grinned at me just shook his head. Then I went to a place where they sell fountains and benches and got 3 stone benches finished in a gray stone color to match the urn. Yippee, a unique and beautiful fire-pit!

No comments:

Post a Comment