Saturday, October 27, 2012

Traditional Pre-teen Girl's Room

















I purchased the chandelier from Lowes. The lamps and plastic mirrors above the bed, mirror over the dressing table, and 2 small pictures near the window were 50% off at Hobby Lobby. I painted the frames of the 2 small pictures to match the greens in the room. I also added ribbons to all the pictures and mirrors to pull in some more of the green. The picture frames on the side wall were from Wal-mart. I used the left over material I covered the chair with as the matting for the pictures. I taped black and white photo's of the girls in the center of the material and then put the glass and frame back on. The bedding is a bed-in-a-bag I ordered online from Wal-mart. The green quilt and white throw pillows are from T.J. Maxx. The cherry bed and side tables, chest at the foot of the bed, as well as the dressing table were passed down to me from my mother. I painted the dressing table and put glass knobs that I purchased from Lowe's on all three tables. The chair that I covered was handed down to me from my husband's grandmother. The sheer panels are from Handcock Fabrics, $7.00 each. I cut and painted old rods I had to hang the panels on and then wrapped the curtains back with ribbon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment