Saturday, October 27, 2012

Traditional Family Room




















The mirror over the fireplace was on sale at Bombay Company Outlet. The picture over the couch had a tiny rip in it (which I easily repaired) and was clearanced beyond clearance at Kirkland's. The red pillows also came from Kirkland's. The greek key traditional rug was on sale at Sam's. The bead-board bench with a tufted pleather seat that holds shoes in it and sits in the foyer, I picked up at a Grand Harbor tent sale for next to nothing. Also the round side table with a checker board top and lions' feet had a broken leg and was clearanced at the tent sale. The chair in the background was an old hand-me-down that was recovered by my mom and me with some material that I found for only $4.00. (not per yard, but $4.00 total.) I also covered the matching chair with it that sits in another room. The window panels were purchased at Tuesday Morning. The basket next to the chair came from a garage sale. The bookshelves were passed on to me after my grandparents died. The lamp on the nesting tables came from the Goodwill. The two pictures on the wall coming down the stairs were on clearance at Bombay Outlet because the glass was broken. They had a white background and pink matting and bright gold frame. I sponge painted the background to match the walls, sponge painted the matting to match the reds in the room, antiqued the gold frames, and put glass on them. I also touched up some of the colors in the big picture over the couch. (It had more blues and grays in it before I touched it up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment